Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday à la Mode

I'm often asked by friends at home what Parisians are wearing day to day. Since fashion -- and the city's devotion to it -- is one of the many things I love about living here, I thought you might enjoy a weekly post on Paris street style and trends. So, each week I'll do a short blog on something fab I'm seeing around town. (I'll try to sneak actual street pics that will be better than these!)

One trend I'm seeing a lot is colored denim. Pastels, bright fruity hues and floral prints, too. Once you get over the 80's flashback, it can be sweet and chic. My favorites are these cotton candy pink jeans by Athe Vanessa Bruno (love her). I went shopping with a friend at Le Bon Marche recently and convinced her to buy them. (They're not in my budget so this gave me a vicarious thrill!). They are super slim (and look best if their wearer is, too..)
Jeans

I've seen these with heels and brogues but think they're cutest with ballet flats and a little jacket. As always, Zara is doing a similar look for a lot less in various styles and colors. Their jeans never quite work on me but the cut suits you, it's a bargain. (Just don't expect them to last more than a season).

When Spring arrives, Parisians put away the boots in favor of les ballerines. They're everywhere and perfect for mid-season when we're not yet ready for sandals. The hands down faves around here are Repetto, the very French line of ballet wear. They're not cheap but you can usually nab a pair during the sales for around 130€. These are the BB Classic Flats, originally designed for Brigitte Bardot (hence the name).
I'm also loving a fuller cut leg that's finally (hopefully!) nudging skinnies aside. These are the 70s flare jean by Comptoir Des Cotonniers.
Comptoir Des cotonnier


What do you think? Are candy colored jeans big where you are? Like 'em or hate 'em?

4 Comments:

At April 10, 2012 at 1:36 AM , Blogger marci said...

Love the jeans! although way more curvy thank skinny, i could not resist and bought myself a pair of old navy "rock star" stretch jeans in bright pink(!) this season. I may have to buy another color in another cut...

 
At April 10, 2012 at 9:45 AM , Blogger frosty said...

Love the post. But 130 euros for slippers????

 
At April 10, 2012 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Paige said...

Frosty, my dear. They're NOT slippers, they're ballet flats, as in actual shoes. Believe me, 130 is a bargain for these. But don't you worry...I don't actually own any. Yet. ;)

 
At April 10, 2012 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Paige said...

Go, Marci! Light lemon yellow is really cute, too. And how could you feel anything but fabulous in "Rock Star" jeans?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home